Friday, November 16, 2007

Chugga chugga choo chooooo

So now Cornell has contacted me for an interview as well! I'm not entirely keen on their program, it's very type-A, surgical focus, etc. etc. I mean the first year class days are Monday - Friday 8-5... in class... not to mention the time needed to study. Also, Cornell Medical School is in New York City, which i would love, but I think todd is extremely trepidatious about it. He loves his car and that would be a big deal. But... Well anyway, I'm interviewing there, just to see what it's all about. I'm still really hoping for YALE.

Did I already write about sweet Lucy's comment? She asked me when we were moving to Yale, and I told her that I hadn't been accepted yet, I was still just hoping to get in. She said, "Magic, magic, magic.... Mama get into YALE!" I love that girl.

She has been fantastic company lately. Like I said earlier to my friend Sarjan, having a four-year-old totally ROCKS.

I have been slacking on my kung fu lately... just don't have time for it between school and panicking about PA school and being a parent and whatnot. I did go last night and I learned a very cool knife form in its entirety. Sifu encouraged me to get a live blade to practice with. Yikes. I asked her after class about teaching while I'm away. I figure, I will have no time to really train on my own, but if I can commit to teaching a couple lunchtime classes per week, then I'll still be training! I got her seal of approval... she told me i'm certified to open my own school if i want. (i don't, but it's nice to be told that it's OK). So, i'm kind of vaguely thinking that's the direction my training will take while I'm in PA school - it will certainly take a backseat, but I don't want to lose it. It is part of who I am.

I've been doing well in my classes, but not as well as I keep expecting. There's still time, but Microbiology is the only one i'm vaguely certain of getting an A in... I will also be missing quite a lot of class to fly to the East coast for my interviews - 2 days the week after Thanksgiving (Yale) and two days the week after that (Cornell). Then the following week is finals week - it will be hard to focus. Still...

Then, if I get into Yale, the next six months are FREE - well aside from the packing, moving, school-hunting (for Lucy) and re-settling that will ensue - I just mean I won't need to be taking any more classes. Which would be nice.

We'll see.

Time to go put my little friend to bed.

No comments: