Friday, May 11, 2007

The Ego Gets a Stroke

In the clinic the other day, Dr. C took me aside to aske me what *I* thought about the other student - a Nurse Practitioner student who is doing a rotation in the peds clinic. Me, a premed with absolutely no training (yet). I gave her my opinion - basically that the student is nice, but that she relies mainly on her knowledge of text, follows the form she wants to fill out, and doesn't listen to the experience of the parents. This is clearly frustrating for parents, which (when she's taking a history) is usually when i step in basically to repeat something a parent said.

Anyway, Dr. C completely agreed with me and told me she was glad it wasn't just her, (there were some other things that bothered her as well) and she was going to have a talk with her.

*puffs chest out with pride*

I just felt like she really trusted my opinion and also that she viewed me as a capable person in the medical field. Hurray!

It's nice to get noticed.

Also, I sort of kicked my Physics test's ass today. Well, maybe not, but it felt pretty OK. It's so hard to tell.

Lucy is calling me, "I'm ready for you mama!!!!!" Time to put the little booger to bed.

No comments: