Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Pluggin' Away

Well, the countdown continues. 5 weeks and 4 days until my black belt test. Did you hear me, FIVE WEEKS AND FOUR DAYS!!!! Holy man.

My Mondays are pretty much all about training - I do about an hour of self-training at the school, followed by an hour of death-training with the trainer at the gym. Then, Physics, then in the evening 1 - 2 hours of kung fu class, and once a month (last night) there is brown/black belt class at 7 star which I also attend. I was VERY tired when I came home last night. I'm upping my personal training for the rest of this month to 2x/week. It's really helping with my conditioning, I can't imagine trying to do this without help!

On the upside - the test is at the beginning of the Summer, which means I get to show off my finely-tuned machine of a body for the remainder of swimsuit season. :)

There are only 3 more weeks left of the quarter - one more exam and then the final. I think I did pretty well on that last exam, but I won't know until tomorrow.

Tonight my dad arrives for 2 weeks! I'm very excited, as is Lucy. I told her she could stay up late and wait for him to arrive, so long as she has a nap at school today. Hurray for grampas and free babysitters! Heh.

I have been working hard on my AMCAS application (the central application for medical school). I have a pretty reasonable rough draft of my personal statement, which is the hard part. I have filled out *most* of the rest of it - now it's just a matter of fine-tuning and then of course waiting until August 20 to take my MCAT.

I've been feeling so committed to getting into medical school, that I realized that if i don't get in, I will be devastated.... let's not go there.

My Summer is going to be crazy. I think I will have to quit or at least minimize the clinic, which makes me utterly sad. But I need to do everything I can to crank the MCAT. I am so looking forward to that being over...

Well, time for me to get Grampa's bed and room ready.

No comments: