Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Are We There Yet?

Milestones here, some candy there... it's been a long couple of weeks.

I was accepted at Arcadia. I was going to turn them down until I received my official letter including an offer for a substantial scholarship and some mysterious "Merit Award". So I am giving them a second thought. I sent them a deposit, but am still hoping to get other offers for interviews at my top choices. Yale, where are you?!

I'm obsessively checking e-mail because Yale's timeline approaches completion... they said that we should be hearing regarding interviews by the end of October or early November - Halloween is tomorrow! Nobody has heard yet, according to a message board to which I'm subscribed. I'm also waiting to hear from George Washington in D.C. (i've kind of written that one off, they're already conducting interviews, but they've not yet rejected me) and Cornell, as well as the school in Boston. I'm interviewing in Philly in January.

Lucy turned 4!! She poops regularly in the toilet, is delightful fun, and will be a witch tomorrow for halloween. She told me yesterday that she wanted to be Batman instead, but I'm not buying any prefab plastic batman suit... I offered for her to be Batwitch - i could put the Batman emblem on her witch dress, but no dice. "That will be make me look crazy, mama!" Isn't that what Halloween is about?

Tomorrow her school does the best thing ever: All the kids go out in their costumes - ages 1-5 - and do a Halloween parade around the block. I think I will pee my pants.

School sucks.

I'm doing OK in Statistics. It's better than I thought it would be, but I haven't had any exams yet, so ask me next week (exam Friday).
I'm doing very well in Microbiology despite the fact that my prof could make the most interesting and exciting subject so boring i feel like repeatedly poking a pencil in my eyeballs for entertainment.
The one class I really enjoy - my microbiology lab - is going to be the death of me! I have totally SUCKED on all my quizzes and quizzes are what count. Those and the final exams. I mean, i LOVE the lab - it's interesting, I know what I'm doing, I really enjoy it, but i really suck at taking the tests in it. I will totally cry if i get a shitty grade in lab.

In any case, I don't think i'll be at UW next quarter. I probably don't have to do school at all after this until I start PA school depending on where I go, but I think I'll do the medical assisting thing anyway, just in case. That should be fun. And the schedule is super-flexible, so i can have a whole day with Lucy again. Hurray!

No comments: