Wednesday, January 03, 2007

School... here we go...

So tomorrow is my official first day of classes. It's crazy, I only have one class (Physics with lab, assuming i get in - i'm non-matriculated, so currently on "standby" status...") and I'm going to be insanely busy.

Class every afternoon, harborview Tuesday mornings and the kids clinic on Friday mornings. Lucy's only in daycare 3 days a week right now, so I'm having to patch child care together for now - I have someone on Mondays and then Katy is going to watch her while i'm in class on Thursdays (meaning no naps on Thursdays probably...) I feel a bit stressed.

At the end of the quarter, I'm starting my MCAT class, which will be Wednesday evenings and will go on for 5 months.

I've applied to UW as a postbac (matriculated status) which would be great because then I wouldn't have to stress about standby status, but the chances are pretty slim so fingers crossed...

Lucy is back to hating daycare. We've been on the go pretty constantly for the past month, so I think it's hard for her to get back into the swing. But it certainly adds to my stress level - she screams and cries about it all morning and is clingy and sobbing when we drop her off. Of course, she's fine all day long, which is certainly a step up from the old daycare, but it's still a horrible way to start the mornings.

This morning over breakfast, I asked her, "So, who's your favorite daycare friend?"
Her reply: "I don't like daycare. Are you crazy?!"

*sigh*

I went back to kung fu last night after a much too long break. It was great! I'm so glad to be back, it felt sooooo gooooooood. I have a problem though, and I'm a bit scared about it. I've had this hip problem going on for a couple months. I've been working on it in physical therapy and it is getting better - mostly probably because I haven't been working it for a month or so - but she did a full assessment this morning and suggested that I still have a really big problem, and that I may have a labral tear (SHIT!!!) - that is what Todd had that ultimately forced him to two surgeries and to quit kung fu.

I CAN'T quit kung fu.

She said that she didn't think it was torn, but that it was a possibility - I'm going to see an orthopedist in a few weeks to give it his assessment. She thinks that for now, I just need to work really hard to get the muscles to function properly, if i want to continue with kung fu.

Man. This is NOT a good time to have an injury like that. I was really hoping it would just get better over time. SUCK!

So I'm a bit worried. But I'm doing what i can, physical therapy, orthopod, massage. I'm going to try to get in for acupuncture next week and see if that helps too. Whatever I can do...

It's good to be back. I'm glad to finally get started on school. Here we go!

No comments: