Friday, June 22, 2007

The Moment of Truth

Well, ladies and gentlemen, tomorrow is the day. I'm freaked out, excited, freaked out, nervous, ready, freaked out, impatient, freaked out, and oh yes, a little freaked out.

I'm in the best shape of my life, but my hips are really tight and injured. My back is almost 100% better. I'm exhausted and have not been sleeping very well in my freaked-outedness. I'm thrilled by how many people have said they're planning to come and feel tremendously supported. I'm thrilled my mom is here, my dad sent flowers, and all my ducks are in a row. This is seriously going to be the most difficult thing I've ever done. Seriously.

I'm a bit freaked out.

In other news, I started my MCAT class and Organic Chemistry this week. I absolutely love Organic Chemistry. Finally, something that makes sense to me, something I can sink my teeth into. On the other hand, I feel completely out of my league in preparing for the MCAT. For one thing, there are several things I haven't even learned yet. The Organic (1 - 2 quarters to go) Inorganic (1 more quarter) and the Physics (1 more quarter). I thought I'd pick it up as I go, but those things are CRAZY. And the other thing is biology, which is in my distant past and has changed tremendously since I took it.

With all that in mind, I'm seriously considering putting off my application for another year, so I can actually be prepared for the MCAT (you know, like after I've actually taken all the classes covered). Oy. I really want to be done with this pre-med stuff and apply for the real deal. But at the same time, I'm really treading water in the MCAT prep and I feel totally unprepared at times. This is a quandary.

But for now, I have other things to focus on.

Oh yes, there was an annoying drama involving Lucy's best friend and child care for the test. Suffice it to say that it involved a severe lack of consideration for the fact that I'm testing for my black belt tomorrow. In any case, I'm getting over it.

Today is my fabulous dear friend Clayton's birthday. I picked Lucy up from preschool early and we went to the Chocolate factory for a tour (and so that I could get Sifu a bunch of chocolate as an offering) where we all overdosed on chocolate. Came home, took a nap (ha ha) and went to get gifts for all members of the board. Todd's making a nice carbalicious supper, and I plan to go to bed early (ha ha).

Wish me luck. The next time I write, I will have completed one of the two goals outlined at the outset of this blog. Black belt. Check? Med school, next!

Funny Lucy quote of the day:
In the chocolate, upon being told that she was only allowed one more piece of chocolate (by me):
"One piece doesn't suit me!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dying to know - what happened? Are you a black belt or do you need more time? How's the hip?